Things I Know About Built to Last from the Rippingtons
Though it’s been a while since I considered myself a fan of the Rippingtons, I have always remained interested in the Russ Freeman project. Tourist in Paradise was my first love of contemporary jazz and you never forget your first love.
Built to Last is the new recording by the Rippingtons. Here’s what I’ve gathered about it:
- It will be released on August 28.
- It took 15 months to write and record.
- The first single is “Cougars and Gigolos.”
- The are 16 tracks on the recording, including four orchestral renditions and a classical guitar reprise of the title track.
- Former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde is featured on the track “Monument/Monolith.”
- iTunes offers a “deluxe edition” with a bonus track and digital booklet.
- Bill Mayer contributes yet another outstanding jazz cat illustration for the cover.
- The range of music goes from “orchestrated, widescreen epics, to lyrical, smooth ballads, and high energy, progressive jazz-rock.”